A stray dog came up to a couple who was on their vacation in Fiji. The dog was so dirty, weak, and tiny. The woman wanted to walk away but when she turned around, the dog was staring right at her. The woman started crying to her boyfriend because she did not know what to do.
Debbie writes in the comments:
Thank you for not leaving him behind. What a sweet puppy! ❤️❤️❤️
The couple decided not to leave the dog behind. The woman thought she had to do something for the puppy, but she wasn’t sure what it was yet.
What did the couple do?
The woman shared that if only she had three months to stay in Fiji to raise the pup, she would have done it. Unfortunately, she could not do that because she had a full-time job back home.
So, what she did was look for a fosterer in the area and made sure that the dog will be taken care of. Three weeks later, she got an update about the dog, and he looked a million times better than when she first saw him.
After three months, the couple went back to Fiji to take him home to Sydney, Australia. He settled in really well, and he is inseparable from his owner.
The woman is so happy about all the hard work she spent to keep the dog safe and happy while she figured out how to take him to Australia. The dog shares his fur-ever home with another dog and they are just a happy furry family!
Should I adopt a straydog?
Want to give an abandoned pup a second chance at life? Whether it’s for companionship, protection or simply out of the goodness of your heart, adopting a stray dog is both rewarding and demanding. Before taking in man’s best friend consider, shelter needs, vet visits & medical costs as well as lifestyle changes you may need to make. Are you ready to open up your home and let unconditional love reign supreme?
- Are you able to provide the necessary care and attention for a dog? This includes feeding, exercise, and medical care.
- Do you have the time and energy to train and socialize a dog, especially if it is a stray and may not have had much human interaction before?
- Do you have the resources to provide for the dog financially, including food, toys, and any necessary medical expenses?
- If you’re looking to add a four-legged companion to your family, do you have the space and safety needed for them? A secure backyard or enough room inside can make sure every tail wags happily.
- Are you prepared for the long-term commitment of caring for a dog, which can be up to 15 years or more?
Adopting a stray is an incredibly rewarding experience, but you should make sure that your home and lifestyle are suitable first. Consider whether you have the time, resources and commitment needed to provide love and stability – if so, then go ahead!